Sunday, February 22, 2009

3M Highway

This blog begins as a tribute to my father who, as a servant of Christ, lives his life daily in humble submission to our Heavenly Father for His honor and glory. The words contained in this blog are a reproduction of letters from my father to me when I was a senior in high school. He wrote these "life lessons" to me every school day and presented them to me as a collection upon graduation. There were days at the age of 18 that I did not care for the lessons my dad had for me, but am now in a state of joyful anticipation for how these words will be used in my life and yours.

The title of the blog, "3M Highway," is the title my dad gave his letters. He used "3M" to represent the first letter in the names of my mom, my brother and myself. "Highway" is a metaphor for the road we travel along through our lives and is the general theme running throughout all the letters. As this journey begins, I trust that these letters will be edifying to all its readers, including myself, sixteen years later.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, thank you so much for sharing this with us! This would be an amazing book to have published some day. Your parents are both wonderful people, who love the Lord, their kids, and grandkids so much! I am looking forward to reading more in the days ahead.

    Becky Cook

    ReplyDelete

Comments